Most health plans do not come with a standard dental package. We partner with great carriers to give you a wide variety of dental options. Whether you and your dependents go to the dentist twice a year, or you have work that needs to be done soon, we can find an affordable plan that can be bundled with any health plan.
Dental insurance can be very tricky. Before you consider purchasing dental insurance make sure you understand the basics.
There are 3 categories of services:
- Preventative – Exams, cleanings, and fluoride treatments
- Basic – X-Rays, fillings, and simple extractions
- Major – Oral surgery, endodontics (root canals), periodontics (dental implants and gum-related), crowns, bridges, and dentures
- Waiting Periods – how long will you have to wait to use certain categories of services. Most plans require a 1 year waiting period for major services.
- Annual Maximum – how much will the insurance cover in a 1-year period.
- Policy Year – is it a calendar year or the date that the coverage began. This will impact your waiting period.
- Network — which doctors accept the insurance.
- Discount Plan or Insurance — discount plans are NOT insurance.
If you wear glasses or contacts, you know how expensive a trip to your optometrist can be. To help offset these costs, vision insurance might be an option for you and your family. With plans that work with major carriers like VSP and EyeMed, we can offer a vision plan that will save your family money throughout the year.
Dental and vision plans can be added at any time throughout the year and do not need a special enrollment period to start. If your current health plan does not include these benefits, please reach out to us today to discuss further.